"Dear friends are the people in your life that
make you laugh louder, smile brighter, and
encourage you to live fully for Him."
A day of photo sessions, plenty of like-usual joyful laughter, yummy meals, and lots of memory-making was planned to celebrate Kaylee's birthday. Kaylee had sent me a long list of ideas for our day of photo sessions (overwhelmingly exciting!) and we gathered up quite the assortment of goodies to use as props. She asked me to bring along a ton of outfits so we could coordinate outfits - pretty sure I've never worn so many outfits in one day in my entire life! ;) We visited the dock by the lake, a grassy area with a fence, a cute 'lil town, train tracks, wildflowers in the ditch, country roads - yep, pretty much an aspiring photog's dream locations! Throw in a guitar, our flutes, a small pile of vintage suitcases + cameras, fun berets, chalkboards, and picture frames for even more loveliness. Thanks, Kaylee, for the lovely day! It 'twas a delightful time that I won't soon forget.
make you laugh louder, smile brighter, and
encourage you to live fully for Him."
A day of photo sessions, plenty of like-usual joyful laughter, yummy meals, and lots of memory-making was planned to celebrate Kaylee's birthday. Kaylee had sent me a long list of ideas for our day of photo sessions (overwhelmingly exciting!) and we gathered up quite the assortment of goodies to use as props. She asked me to bring along a ton of outfits so we could coordinate outfits - pretty sure I've never worn so many outfits in one day in my entire life! ;) We visited the dock by the lake, a grassy area with a fence, a cute 'lil town, train tracks, wildflowers in the ditch, country roads - yep, pretty much an aspiring photog's dream locations! Throw in a guitar, our flutes, a small pile of vintage suitcases + cameras, fun berets, chalkboards, and picture frames for even more loveliness. Thanks, Kaylee, for the lovely day! It 'twas a delightful time that I won't soon forget.
There is truly no one like Kaylee. She radiates joy and bubbles to overflowing with enthusiasm. She is beautifully unique and says things in a very honest way. She is pretty much the only one who faithfully thinks I am amusing and she calls me EB. She has the cutest laugh ever. She really brightens the days of those around her. If you've ever received a call/blog comment/email/note from her, you know that her thoughtful writing is pretty much perfection. We survive our flute duets together - it's so fun having someone to do it with me! Just don't get us giggling or else it's really hard to play the flute. Just sayin'. ;) And, as you can probably see in these pictures, she has such a super classy, adorable style. We made it through the awkwardness of bring the two who kind-of-have-met-each-other-before and I'm super grateful that we're sisters-in-Christ!
Haha, I was kind of leaning WAY over the fence to get these angles :)
A google earth picture had showed that this place had railroad tracks. Um, apparently they don't update the picture of this area very often, because this is what we found. Made for some good laughter though! :D And we later tracked down some more authentic-looking tracks.
PHOTO CREDIT: JOSIE
And, yep, of course I made the mistake of chewing gum during a session. Oh well.
Love her joyful smile! Thankfully we were well out of the way when a train went down the tracks and instead found an abandoned set of tracks. (And, yes, we awkwardly went into the building of a farming business to ask permission...while being all gussied up in our dressy clothes. :P I'm sure they thought we were very crazy unique!) Oh well. A little awkwardness is better than getting run over. :)
PHOTO CREDIT :: JOSIE
Haha, this kind of looks like we have no idea how to work these vintage cameras.
Oh wait...yes, that would be us... ;) Looking forward to learning how to use them though!
Oh wait...yes, that would be us... ;) Looking forward to learning how to use them though!
PHOTO CREDIT :: MRS. M
PHOTO CREDIT :: JOSIE
PHOTO CREDIT :: JOSIE
If we made a flute CD, this could totally be our CD cover. Not sure *cough* how the music would sound though. Let's just say that her part would sound lovely!
Josie was so sweet and faithful to accompany us the entire day. She endured and balanced the excitement of Kaylee and I over our crazy creative photography ideas. She's such a dear friend.
It was a lovely day. Especially since we didn't get run over by a train, fall in a lake, or get kidnapped. Not like we ended up dangerously close to any of those things almost happening or anything... :) I had a blast with these ladies. And, hey, I'd LOVE to hear what your favorite "setting" (country, railroad tracks, town, field) is of these pictures in the comment box. :) Have a blessed weekend!
p.s. You can see Kaylee's lovely pictures from the day over here.
p.s. You can see Kaylee's lovely pictures from the day over here.


















































EB, it made me so happy seeing these pics and remembering the joys of the day! I love the way you write! Oh. my. word... I had SO much fun with you! Seriously girl, you brighten my day every time I see you!
ReplyDeleteWe really really really should have a winter photoshoot, k?
Love ya!
Kaylee
Ohh i loved these! It sure looks like you had a fun day! (and a neat way to spend time with friends!) My favs are prolly the first ones with Kaylee next to the fence! So many neat ideas!
ReplyDeleteAlso, the ones with Kaylee on the road + with the picture frames are neat!!
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful, Elizabeth! I especially love the first ones on the fence, and the last one, and the ones of Josie are perfect of her. Thanks for sharing.... it was fun finally seeing them all! :D I'd love to do a winter photoshoot with you/Lily/Kaylee sometime soon.
ReplyDeleteI know you posted these pictures last month but I wanted to comment on how beautiful these pictures are. :) Kayla is so pretty and that's so neat her sister Josie tagged along for the photo shoot. They look like such sweet people. You totally rocked this session, the pretty models, beautiful scenery, lighting,etc. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete