I'm super excited to {finally} share these pictures! #wootwoot While we were at family fall retreat, I had a marvelous time doing a photo session with some dear friends one afternoon. We weaved our way around camp and discovered so many gorgeous locations, from huge piles of wood to narrow trails to deep woods. We were also thankful to come out of the woods in one piece during hunting season, especially after later realizing that our outfits kind of camouflaged with the autumn colors. :P So grateful for these sweet friends and for another adventure to add to our ever-growing list of memories!
These cousins have so much fun together. Love it. :)
This is Callie. Or Cal. She's a seriously amazing writer and I love reading anything she writes. Hope she writes a whole series someday! She loves anything and everything vintage. Things like owls, vintage dresses, oxford shoes, watch necklaces, yellow prints, typewriters, and the like remind me of Callie, her sister, and mom. She's the eldest of an epic five-some. She's a faithful athlete and runs her heart out. She has such a delight in the Lord and I don't think I've seen anyone be able to help conversations flow to more encouraging topics as beautifully as she does. Love swapping book suggestions with her, too - we both picked up "Hearts of Fire" from the book table after hearing a speaker from the Voice of the Martyrs ministry and I've loved discussing the true stories with her. Callie's also a talented actress, keeps us all smiling with her joyful energy, and has such a gorgeously strong singing voice. Callie wasn't sure if she was smiling "right" or whatever for these pictures, but {HELLO} girl, you are beautiful and don't you dare say you take awkward pictures ever again. ;) I'm super grateful for each one of these beautifully unique sisters-in-Christ and for the memories, laughter, tears, and joy we've shared together. Such inspiring, joyful hearts.
All right, meet Hadassah. Besides the fact that she's downright gorgeous, she's a fabulous friend. She's the glue that holds us altos together in choir. Another friend mentioned to me, "I don't really exactly know how to read the music...I usually just follow Dess." Um, yep, isn't that pretty much what we all do? ;) If she ever decides to create a CD, don't be surprised if you find me the first in line to purchase one. :) And, Dess, if you ever need CD cover pictures... *hint, hint* She's a faithful friend and I absolutely adore her laughter. Her laughing-to-tears laugh is the bestest. She's super encouraging and loves her Savior. She has some seriously epic volleyball skills and I'm currently searching for a new strategy to get her to jump into games more often since my *ahem* puppy dog face obviously doesn't work. ;) She also puts together her outfits way more skillfully and beautifully than anyyything on Pinterest. Just sayin'. Her style totally matched this photoshoot - plaid shirts, denim jeans, boots, curls, autumn tones, sweaters. Love this girl's heart for the Lord and hopefully this gives you at least a glimpse her sweetness!

I had been envisioning the above picture and finally we came to this dreamy spot.
I'd say Callie simply nailed the pose. :)
I'd say Callie simply nailed the pose. :)
Lily and I were happy to keep our cameras clicking during this session. I'll save my lengthy descriptions of what a (fabulous) friend Lil is for a time when I post a photo session of her, but just know that she's pretty much the definition of awesomeness. :)
Grateful for these girls and for the many special memories we've made together. This time was no exception and thanks, girls, for your patience with my picture-taking. :)


















































Awesome pictures! The location is def. neat! :)
ReplyDeleteThese are perfect. I love these girls, and the location.... of course. ;) I especially love the lighting and the autumn colors they're wearing. Just love this post so much!
ReplyDeleteI had so much fun with you this day! It will be a memory I will forever cherish :) You are such an accomplished photographer, and I love seeing what you can do with unconfident *ahem* subjects (AKA me).
ReplyDeleteYou are too sweet, EB. You are the encouraging one, and I never cease to admire your joyfulness and willingness to serve.
Thanks for sharing this session & these pics with Dess & I!
Love you much!
~Callie
Oh. my. word! I LOVED these, EB!!!! Good grief... look at those gorgeous girls! They're such PERFECT models! Yup... Dessa's style is pretty much Uh-mazing! :]Love all of them! I LOVE that one of Callie with her hood!!! Actually... I fell in love with all these pics!!! Love the coloring and EVERY-thing!
ReplyDeleteOh my word EB thank you so much!!! You are way too sweet and so encouraging!! You totally made my night!! I'm pretty sure you could find the good in anyone and make them feel like a hundred bucks!! I'm SO thankful for your friendship and the AMAZING memories I've had with you!!:) Love you lots!! -Dess
ReplyDeleteOh. my. word. whoa two people already said that...anyways, I love these pictures! I love the lighting in these pictures. These girls are absolutely gorgeous! I love Callie’s boots and Hadassah’s hat. Their styles are adorable! Callie’s smile is so gorgeous and I love Hadassah’s laugh;) Oh, yes, I love Lily’s beloved Storybook sweater. Great picture, EB.
ReplyDelete~Sar
HAHAHAHA! Yup that's exactly what I do in alto! Haha I'm so bad ;)
ReplyDelete