"Adventuring. Sometimes I think it isn't so much where you go, but whom
you go with that makes it an adventure." >> mikailah autumn.
. . . . . . . . . .
Here I am posting a re-cap of Tim + Evy's photography workshop and I honestly don't know exactly where to begin! It was such an awesome experience (definitely one of my 2013 highlights!) and I learned sooo much! Tim and Evy are amazing. And their love for the Lord (and each other, obviously!) shines. Their beautiful example is inspiring and I love their sweet 'lil family so much. I had seen Evy's beautiful photography work for years and it makes me so happy that she's now a real-life friend. :) I'm seriously so grateful that the Lord worked together the details for me to attend this beautiful workshop and look back in gratefulness for how the timing unfolded. I walked in with a scribbled list of questions, camera gear, and readiness to learn. I came away with questions answered, lots of inspiration, feeling very blessed + excited, memory cards packed with images dear to my heart, and a handful of wonderful new friends. Quite the trade, let me tell you. :) Ah, it was an aspiring photographer's dream to be there. Epic practice photo sessions with beautiful, gracious models. Tons of time for questions and one-on-one instruction + advice. Loved how so much was presented along with practical steps + opportunities to put into practice what we were learning. One of my favorite parts was simply getting to see how Tim + Evy interact with their clients. It was so special to just be able to sit down over a {delicious} lunch and talk through practical steps specific to our photography situations. My brain was awesomely full of photography after the workshop and I was stretched + challenged in a good way. It was the jumpstart I needed. And, wow, sooo many special details! These people went above and beyond making it special with their thoughtful hospitality. Evy asked us to describe the workshop in 3 words and mine were - inspiring // special // memorable. I hope this post gives you at least a taste of this memorable adventure that overflowed with sweet memories and fabulous people.
. . . . . . . . . .
Here I am posting a re-cap of Tim + Evy's photography workshop and I honestly don't know exactly where to begin! It was such an awesome experience (definitely one of my 2013 highlights!) and I learned sooo much! Tim and Evy are amazing. And their love for the Lord (and each other, obviously!) shines. Their beautiful example is inspiring and I love their sweet 'lil family so much. I had seen Evy's beautiful photography work for years and it makes me so happy that she's now a real-life friend. :) I'm seriously so grateful that the Lord worked together the details for me to attend this beautiful workshop and look back in gratefulness for how the timing unfolded. I walked in with a scribbled list of questions, camera gear, and readiness to learn. I came away with questions answered, lots of inspiration, feeling very blessed + excited, memory cards packed with images dear to my heart, and a handful of wonderful new friends. Quite the trade, let me tell you. :) Ah, it was an aspiring photographer's dream to be there. Epic practice photo sessions with beautiful, gracious models. Tons of time for questions and one-on-one instruction + advice. Loved how so much was presented along with practical steps + opportunities to put into practice what we were learning. One of my favorite parts was simply getting to see how Tim + Evy interact with their clients. It was so special to just be able to sit down over a {delicious} lunch and talk through practical steps specific to our photography situations. My brain was awesomely full of photography after the workshop and I was stretched + challenged in a good way. It was the jumpstart I needed. And, wow, sooo many special details! These people went above and beyond making it special with their thoughtful hospitality. Evy asked us to describe the workshop in 3 words and mine were - inspiring // special // memorable. I hope this post gives you at least a taste of this memorable adventure that overflowed with sweet memories and fabulous people.
I was dropped off at the lovely guest home and we jumped right into some Q+A questions to get to know each other better. It was a joy to meet Evy for the first time! And it was so fun to be welcomed with these gorgeously thoughtful gift bags that she put together for us - love her eye for details!
So happy that Amanda and I got to do this adventure together! It was a joy to see her again after serving at a week of conferences the summer before. She's a gem and portraits of her lovely self are coming soon. =)
This lovely little room was transformed into a beautifully cozy photography
nook - vintage camera, teal, shells - yes, please! Much learning happened there.
nook - vintage camera, teal, shells - yes, please! Much learning happened there.
And to answer your question of what lovelies were in that gift bag, here's a peek :D Creamy truffle chocolate from Trader Joe's, a beautiful leather notebook, one of Evy's folded business cards, a package of smartee candies, hand sanitizer, a beautiful seagull necklace - all in my favorite color.
One of Evy's sisters whipped up some mouthwatering waffles for the four of us (Thanks bunches, Olivia!)
Happy to be with people who also like to take pictures of their food! In fact, it was a little awkward if you DIDN'T take a picture of your food. Totally okay with that. :)
Lots of note-taking happened. They were so patient with my seemingly endless questions!
One of the special coffee creations Tim made for us.
We took a walk to an adorable town and captured portraits along the way.
May I pause to say that they are SO sweet together. Love them!
We ended up receiving modeling instruction, too, haha. :)
The different photog assignments were super helpful with practicing what we had been discussing.
Hey, it's {artistically} out of focus, right? :) It's so inspiring to see how they work together.
I have pretty much no coffee experience whatsoever. But Tim + Evy promptly made sure that I was introduced to the classics - mochas, frappuchinos, yep, I now know the differences between many of those fancy-sounding names. :) And, mmm. This stuff was GOOD.
More practice with using reflectors. It seems to help to have such a lovely subject. :) Or shall I say subjects, since little Scotty was in these pictures, too? And by the way, I pretty much cannot wait to meet that little guy. :)
We had a perfectly lovely picnic dinner together the first evening before an engagement shoot, despite the pouring rain. We drove up to the park/gardens and the greenhouse was un-helpfully being remodeled. :P Let's just say we were super grateful for the large tent (and glad that its metal skeleton didn't catch lightning) and for how the rain beautifully cleared during the session. Yay! Praise the Lord.
Mmm...Evy's family made sure we were always very well-fed. Yumminess. The chicken salad sandwiches were especially amazing.
Styling food pictures is intense, people. :)
It was such an awesome thing to get to see how Tim + Evy do photo sessions. And I'll be the first to say that they are pretty much the king and queen of it. It was a joy to watch.
After the engagement session with the ever-fabulous Seth + Tina, Amanda and I did some mini photo sessions with Tim + Evy at the rainy gardens. So fun.
Amanda's top-fave color is yellow, so these flowers were just perfect for some of her portraits. :)
Instagramming our adventures. =)
Tim hooked up Evy's laptop to the TV so we could watch her edit. That was truly awesome and helpful!
We had bunches of fun styling and photographing bouquets from Lemondrop Designery. It was good practice to look around for creative places to photograph them.
The veggie bouquet was super creative and fun to photograph :)
We savored yummy ice cream treats as we dived into the topic of videography.
A delicious outdoor dinner at the home of Evy's family - grateful for their amazing hospitality!
Thankfully he wasn't too upset with Amanda and I for whisking his daddy and mommy away during the workshop. But, to my joy, he got to tag along a bit, too. *big smile*
An utterly lovely bridal shoot with the fabulous Stephanie at two beautiful locations.
Amanda is so awesome at directing poses and her photography is inspiring. Just sayin'.
Such a cutie :) Grateful for her friendship!
Love your beautiful laughter, girl!
We spent the last evening relaxing in the studio, editing pictures, and hearing Evy tell us the love story of her and Tim. It was the perfect way to wrap up our time together. :D
We journeyed home with special new memories and friends. Thanks bunches, Tim and Evy, for making this adventure SO very special and for sharing so much with us. Love you to pieces!

































































































Eeeep! I was thrilled (read: THRILLED) to see this post and finally get to see pictures of your time with Tim & Evy! I also can't wait to see the portraits of Amanda, the bridal shoot, the engagement shoot, and the ones of T+E. Beautiful work as always, my dear!
ReplyDeleteP.S. A few things I forgot to mention -- LOVE Evy's hair. Wish mine could look like that. Secondly, I about died laughing when I read "it would be awkward if you didn't take a picture of your food". I need to spend some time with people like that for once. ;) Lol.
DeleteSounds like you had a delightful time, Elizabeth. I'm sure you were blessed by this opportunity! The pictures look lovely!
ReplyDeleteI was really excited to see this post, Elizabeth! That is sooo neat to be able to have an opportunity like that! Something I would LOVE to do!! :) these pictures are simply beautiful! I'm super excited to see the full posts from these sessions!! :) Thanks so much for sharing this post! ~Tashia
ReplyDelete